IT / IS / Computer / Network Technician / Computer Repair = Hardware Side
Richie E Winans
Primary Phone = 602-361-0973
7607 N 42nd Lane, Phoenix, Arizona 85051
An experienced, hardworking professional is seeking the opportunity to contribute education, experience and natural abilities in Computers, Electronics and/or Telecommunications with a progressive organization.
EDUCATION / TRAINING
· ASSOCIATE OF APPLIED SCIENCE IN ELECTRONICS - Phoenix, Arizona–Feb 1998
· Comp TIA A+ Expires; 14 April 2014 – Phoenix, Arizona
· Comp TIA Network+ Expires; 09 June 2014 – Phoenix, Arizona
· Advanced working knowledge of Computer, Printer and Network installation, repair and troubleshooting.
· Proficient at installing and configuring operating systems: DOS, WIN3.1, 95, 98, NT, XP, Vista, Win 7.
· Possess entry-level knowledge of Linux and Windows Server 2008 Active Directory operating systems.
· Computer literate in MS Word and Excel, and familiar with WordPerfect, Mirrors, Hyper Terminal, ProComm, Fujitsu, Flexr, NortelOC3 Programs.
· Provided local and national Remote Desktop Support, optimizing and configuring computers, printers and additional peripherals.
· Utilize Multi-meters, oscilloscopes, amp meters as well as a variety of hand tools for the test and repair of electronic circuits, computers, printers, and networks.
· Proven ability to troubleshoot both digital and analog circuits, at the board level.
· Possess over 5 yrs of telecommunications experience, earned while working as a Central Office Technician for Qwest Communications and as an independent contractor for various communications providers.
03/08/13-Present >Independent Contractor< – ROBERT HALF TECHNOLOGY - Phoenix, AZ
· Contracted as a >Server/Frame Technician< for TRANSITIONAL DATA SERVICES.
· Performed the removal of 83 Servers and related equipment from open frame network racks located at "Choice Hotels International" The Western Regional Headquarters in Phoenix, Arizona.
· Completed the installation of the same 83 Servers and related equipment onto open frame network racks at the new location: "I/O Data Centers" of Phoenix, Arizona.
· Contracted as a >Communications Technician< for CUSTOM SYSTEMS INTEGRATION.
· Read and interpret schematics for equipment installation.
· Installed wiring for Ethernet communications equipment to touch pads and other equipment control devices.
· Created installation points for touch pads, speakers and Ethernet outlets.
· Installed motion detector sensors per architectural plans and schematics.
01/02/13-02/27/13 >Independent Contractor< - G.D. BARRI & ASSOCIATES Phoenix, Arizona
· Contracted as a >Computer Technician I< for APS at the PALO VERDE NUCLEAR STATION
· Provided, maintained and re-imaged Desktop Computers and performed set up for Workstations and Network Printers as needed.
· Provided and replaced any computer peripherals as needed. Peripherals included monitors, mice, keyboards, network printers and speakers.
· Provided, maintained and re-imaged Laptop computers for loaners upon request.
· Setup Conference Rooms and Training Rooms with Network Printers, Laptops, Single or Dual Monitors, Keyboards, Mice, and IP Phones as Requested.
01/31/12-05/08/12 >Independent Contractor< - COLLABERA STAFFING - Phoenix, Arizona
· Contracted as a >Manufacturing Technician< for INTEL, assigned to the Parts Clean area of the Clean Room.
· Received parts of various machines to place in an acid wash machine, then in an ultra-sonic cleaning machine with ultra-pure water.
· Placed clean parts in dryer-ovens per specifications and return to proper machine.
· Identify parts requiring alternate cleaning process and place in staging area for shipment.
09/11-10/11 >Independent Contractor< – AEROTEK STAFFING AGENCY - Phoenix, Arizona
· Contracted as a >Computer Assembler< for AVNET, Inc. assigned to assemble computers.
· Read, interpret, and assembled various computers per client’s building instructions.
06/09- 08/12 >Displaced Employee< – PHOENIX WORK-FORCE CONNECTION - Phoenix, Arizona
· Participated in a Skill Assessment with DES to determine employability.
· Enrolled in TechSkills, for training and certifications, per the DES assessment, to qualify for job placement.
07/06-02/09 >Manufacturer Technician< – ST MICROELECTRONICS - Phoenix, Arizona
· Followed all Policies and Procedures for working in a Clean Room Environment.
· Assigned to the ETCH Department Loading and Un-Loading Machines (Oxide, Metal, and LP) that perform various Layered Steps for the Manufacturing of Microchips and Semiconductors on 8 inch Silicon Wafers.
· Quality Assurance Testing of the machines to ensure they are performing within specified parameters.
· Utilizing an ERP type program to monitor the phases of production to wafer completion.
07/78 - 03/90 Boatswains Mate – UNITED STATES NAVY Retired – E5/Petty Officer 2nd Class