Electronics Engineering Technician with 24 years industry experience is seeking an opportunity in test validation or troubleshooting to the component level on PCB or systems. Possess diverse experiences, including: Broadcast engineering, electronics technician, RF engineering and holds IPC-610A certification for through hole soldering. Also has proficient use of CADSoft, PCAD, DOS, Windows OS, and MS Office. Able to trouble shoot to the component level in analog or digital domains. Where required, incidental mechanical alignment of assemblies with calipers and other devices. Expert with electrical tools and equipment operation, maintenance and repair with experience in electronics manufacturing, assembly, and testing.
· Inter-Related Circuit Alignment
· Test Equipment Operation
· Spectrum Analyzer
· RF Generators
· Watt Meters
· Network Analyzer
· Component level trouble shooting
· Digital & Analog Oscilloscopes
· Clear Communicator
· High Mechanical Aptitude
· Designed and built 9 radio stations audio routing, audio console programming, RF links, transmitter installation and alignment and antenna installation and tuning. Maintained or repaired transmission equipment.
· Served as an expert in troubleshooting and repairing state-of-the-art electrical and electronic systems.
· Customer Service Director for audio broadcast manufacturer speaking customers regarding proper use of the audio processing and solving their individual problems. Generated all field modifications with explicit and precise instructions enabling the engineer to properly install the modification with rare assistance from me. Repaired all incoming processors and shipped back to client. Maintained inventory to components and all warranty and non-warranty documentation.
ITT Technical Institute Tempe AZ
Associates of Applied Science in Computer and Electronics Engineering Technology 03/2014
Post Solder / Assembly II / In Circuit Testing Tempe, AZ 9/2010 - 11/2013
· Through hole soldering, medium pitch SMT, pre-wave solder parts insertion and assembly.
· In Circuit Testing (ICT) using GenRad testers and appropriate test fixtures.
· Used Windows based computer for assembly and process steps.
Comtech EF Data
RF Technician Tempe, AZ 12/2007 – 11/2008
· Assisted and evaluated the tuning and/or repairing 90 watt 570MHz to 3 GHz amplifiers using standard RF Test equipment.
· Responsible for the resolution of software/hardware issues.
· Troubleshot small GPS receivers for the military and conducted vibration testing on a variety of products.
Sr. RF Engineering Technician Tempe, AZ 7/2007 – 12/2007
· Worked on multiple Advanced Information Systems SDST (Small Deep Space Transponders)
· Preformed qualifying tests on dual balanced mixers used as down converters in deep space transponders.
· Implemented tests on individual ICs using environmental chambers with transitions form hot to cold conditions using DC power and RF applications.
· Conducted RF tests equipment for the signal and proprieties needed to comply with very stringent specifications.
Electronics Technician Tucson, AZ 5/2006 – 1/2007
· Troubleshot cabin pressure devices and auxiliary power units for commercial and military aircraft to FAA specifications to ensure safe and accurate operation
Family Life Radio
Broadcast Engineer Tucson, AZ 5/2004 – 3/2005
· Troubleshot a 29 year old tube, type 50Kw, AM transmitter and 5 tower antenna array.
· Cabled and routed digital audio cross-point-switching systems.
· Terminated into punch down blocks into CAT5 Ethernet and fiber.
· Utilized proper shielding and ground system techniques to improved isolation of EMI or stray RF interference.
· Installed broadcast audio consoles and Ku uplink dishes and C band downlink dish on non-penetrating roof mounts.
Arizona Lotus Broadcasting
Broadcast Engineer Tucson, AZ 10/1997 – 12/2003
· Redesigned audio distribution to all production and control room studios.
· Maintained and repaired AM/FM transmitter sites and studio facilities using component and system and board level troubleshooting.
· Instituted a maintenance schedule for the RF systems and installed a 40Kw solid state FM transmitter, transmission line, and directional antenna system.
· Performed monitor point (RF field strength) measurements for AM station.
· Designed and build small analog and digital devices to interface with new or old broadcast equipment and set up ISDN lines using the Telos Zephyr.
· Performed all FCC required measurements with spectrum analyzer and signal generator.
· Evaluated bids for the installation of a 160Kw stand by generator at one of the FM sites.
· Replaced power amplifier 4CX15000A7 tube socket and re-neutralized w/RF equipment